Charlie Munger is best known as Warren Buffett’s longtime business partner and vice chairman of Berkshire Hathaway.
Independent of his work with Buffett, Munger is a successful businessman and philanthropist in his own right. An avid reader and life-long, multidisciplinary learner, he is admired for his witty life lessons and almost-too-blunt pieces of advice.
Born in 1924, he is 96 years young.
Charlie Munger Quotes
“To get what you want, you have to deserve what you want. The world is not yet a crazy enough place to reward a whole bunch of undeserving people.”
“I believe in the discipline of mastering the best that other people have ever figured out. I don’t believe in just sitting down and trying to dream it all up yourself. Nobody’s that smart.”
“Acquire worldly wisdom and adjust your behavior accordingly. If your new behavior gives you a little temporary unpopularity with your peer group…then to hell with them.”
“The great algorithm to remember in dealing with this tendency is simple: an idea or a fact is not worth more merely because it’s easily available to you.”
Charlie Munger Mental Models
Charlie Munger Speeches
- Charlie Munger: A Lesson on Elementary Worldly Wisdom As It Relates To Investment Management & Business
- Charlie Munger: Practical Thought About Practical Thought
- Charlie Munger: December 2020 CalTech Interview & Transcript
Books Related to Charlie Munger
- Poor Charlie’s Almanack: The Wit and Wisdom of Charles T. Munger: Collection of eleven speeches given by Charlie Munger, with Munger facts and interesting anecdotes in the margins on all pages
- Damn Right! Behind the Scenes with Berkshire Hathaway Billionaire Charlie Munger : Biography of Charlie Munger by Janet Lowe